Read our latest blog post on bees and sustainability. CLICK HERE
Spicy Carrot-Cilantro Hummus
Up your hummus game with this sweet, spicy, nutty take on the classic. A great make-ahead for parties, also a delicious sandwich spread.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place carrots and garlic on a piece of heavy duty foil; add water and gather edges around ingredients to form a pouch. Place in oven on a baking sheet and roast 30 minutes or until carrots are very tender. Remove from oven and cool until easy to handle.
Combine the carrots, garlic, almond flour, salt, chickpeas, oil, lemon juice and hot sauce in a food processor. Process until smooth. Adjust the texture by adding water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired texture is reached.
Add cilantro to processor and pulse just until combined. Serve drizzled with additional olive oil and cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve with crackers and crudités.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1” chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ½ cup Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Additional olive oil, cilantro
Included in this recipe