Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line ten muffin cups with paper liners or lightly butter.
Whisk together sugar, almond milk, oil, vanilla and lemon extracts, lemon zest, eggs and egg whites in a large bowl.
Add almond flour, gluten-free flour blend, baking powder and salt, then lightly fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared cups and sprinkle with Blue Diamond Sliced Natural Almonds.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
*If using frozen blueberries, make sure to thaw and drain well to remove all excess moisture.
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze almond milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Blue Diamond gluten-free flour blend (see recipe here)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh or ½ cup frozen, thawed blueberries*
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Sliced Natural Almonds (optional)
Included in this recipe
Recipes Straight to your Inbox
Enjoy tasty recipes and other great extras.