Ballpark Pretzels with Cheddar Mustard Dipping Sauce
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||47 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Place water in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle sugar and yeast over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes or until yeast starts to foam.
Add 3/4 cup of the Almond Breeze, 1 tablespoon of the mustard and 1 teaspoon sea salt, then using a dough hook, slowly beat in just enough flour to make a smooth dough. Transfer to a lightly floured board and until knead several times or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a cloth; let rise in a warm spot for 45 minutes.
Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll each into a 16-inch long piece and twist into a pretzel shape; let rise for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°F.
Grease a large baking sheet and sprinkle with a few grinds of salt. Bring a large wide pot of water to a boil with baking soda. Drop pretzels 2 or 3 at a time into boiling water cooking for 1 minute on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional salt and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown.
While pretzels bake, make Mustard Cheddar Dipping Sauce. Toss cheese with cornstarch in a medium bowl. Combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups of the Almond Breeze, 2 teaspoons stoneground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, and white pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add cheese a handful at a time, adding more once cheese is fully melted. Cook over low heat and whisk until smooth. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Serve pretzels warm with sauce.
Featured In: Food Festival
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package instant yeast
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze (divided) (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons stoneground mustard (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 to 3/4 cups flour plus extra for kneading
- Freshly ground coarse sea salt for topping
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 cups shredded sharp or extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper