Important Consumer Alert: Recall of a limited number of 64 oz Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk announced because the product may contain trace levels of milk, an allergen not listed on the label. READ MORE
Vegan Chocolate Almond Cookies
|Total Fat||7.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.4 g|
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugars and coconut oil. Beat on medium-high until well combined. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
Add the flour mixture in two batches, alternately with the milk, with the mixer on low. Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
Form dough into cookie dough balls, using a cookie scoop or spoon. Place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Lightly press down on the cookies with the palm of your hand. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until the cookies are set around the edges, but soft in the center. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Make sure you use vegan chocolate chips if you need the cookies to be vegan. I like Enjoy Life brand. Store cookies in an air-tight container, for up to 3 days. They also freeze well!
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Two Peas and Their Pod
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Vanilla)
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips