Quick Curried Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Crust
Serves Up To
- 1 lb. lean ground beef OR lamb
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Original (or Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original) almondmilk; divided
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups frozen green peas
- 1 package (24 oz.) prepared mashed sweet potatoes
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place beef, onions and carrots in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Combine ¼ cup almondmilk and cornstarch in a small bowl with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture, remaining almondmilk, tomato paste, salt and pepper to pan. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in peas.
Place beef mixture in a 9” deep dish pie plate. Top evenly with mashed sweet potatoes. Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are beginning to brown.
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates