Important Consumer Alert: Recall of a limited number of 64 oz Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk announced because the product may contain trace levels of milk, an allergen not listed on the label. READ MORE
No Bake Blueberry Custard Pie
|Total Fat||22.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||67.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8.0 g|
For the crust: In a food processor, process raw almonds, raw walnuts, pitted dates and unsweetened shredded coconut until finely ground.
Press the crust mixture into a greased 9 inch pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
In a medium pot, combine the sugar and cornstarch, whisking to remove any lumps. Whisk in the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla.
Turn the heat to medium-high and cook until the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and whisk vigorously until the mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
Remove the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla mixture from the heat and whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
Pour the filling evenly into the crust, then let cool. Once cool, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. The pie can be prepared up to this step the day before serving.
Warm the jam in the microwave for 30 seconds, until it is liquid.
Spread the jam on the cooled filling using a spoon or spatula, then top with the fresh blueberries.
- This recipe can also be made in a normal pie pan but the crust will hold together better in a pan with a removable bottom (e.g. a springform pan).
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Fannetastic Food
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup vegan cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons blueberry (or other berry) jam
- 2 6-oz containers fresh blueberries (about 1 & 1/2 cups)