No Bake Blueberry Custard Pie
Serves Up To
|Total Fat||22.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||67.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8.0 g|
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup vegan cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons blueberry (or other berry) jam
- 2 6-oz containers fresh blueberries (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
For the crust: In a food processor, process raw almonds, raw walnuts, pitted dates and unsweetened shredded coconut until finely ground.
Press the crust mixture into a greased 9 inch pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
In a medium pot, combine the sugar and cornstarch, whisking to remove any lumps. Whisk in the unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
Turn the heat to medium-high and cook until the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and whisk vigorously until the mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
Remove the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla mixture from the heat and whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
Pour the filling evenly into the crust, then let cool. Once cool, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. The pie can be prepared up to this step the day before serving.
Warm the jam in the microwave for 30 seconds, until it is liquid.
Spread the jam on the cooled filling using a spoon or spatula, then top with the fresh blueberries.
Made with these products:
- This recipe can also be made in a normal pie pan but the crust will hold together better in a pan with a removable bottom (e.g. a springform pan).
Courtesy of: Fannetastic Food
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates