Mediterranean Veggie Pizza
Finally a gluten-free pizza crust with a chewy and texture similar to traditional flour-based crusts!
Place yeast, sugar and ¼ cup water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside
Add remaining water, eggs and olive oil to the yeast mixture; stir to combine.
Add dry ingredients, turn mixer speed to medium low and mix until well combined. Dough will be sticky. Transfer to greased bowl and cover. Let dough rest at room temperature for at least 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°F.
With thoroughly greased hands, divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Form into 8-inch rounds on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake plain crusts for 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through
Increase oven temperature to 450°F
Top each crust with pesto, spinach, artichokes, red pepper and cheeses
Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Baked but untopped crusts can be cooled, wrapped and frozen for later use
- 1 packet (0.25 oz) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar1 cup warm water (110-115°F), divided1
- ½ cups Blue Diamond Almond Flour
- 1½ cups arrowroot flour
- 1 ½ cups tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed1
- ½ tsp. ground psyllium husk
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and squeezed dry
- ½ cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Included in this recipe