Little Italy Tomato Arancini
Serves Up To
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Arborio or short grain rice
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup warmed Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 1 cup warmed vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons smoked minced sun- dried tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/4 cups Italian panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Marinara sauce
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in rice, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in 1/4 of the Breeze and vegetable broth. Cook, stirring frequently, until liquid hascooked off. Repeat steps to use all of the liquid.
Remove from heat and stir in cheeses and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let cool, then cover and chill until very cold.
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease. Using wet hands, shape rice into 20 small patties. Stir together breadcrumbs and Smokehouse Almonds. Roll each rice patty in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet. Coat liberally with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping. Makes 8 appetizer servings.
Made with these products:
Featured In: Food Festival
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates