Easy Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie
Serves Up To
- 2 tablespoons butter or buttery spread
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup 1/4-inch cubes peeled potato
- 2 large stalks celery halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen thawed corn
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken (skin and bones removed)
- Pepper to taste
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add potatoes, celery and carrots and saute for 5 minutes more or until vegetables are lightly browned. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
Slowly stir in Breeze, broth and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add chicken to pan and cook, covered, for 5 minutes more or until heated through. Serve with cooked pie crust pieces, puff pastry squares, crescent rolls or biscuits.
Made with these products:
Instant Pot Method: Reduce broth to 1 1/4 cups. Coat the bottom of the pot with the butter. Stir in all remaining ingredients except chicken. Lock lid and select Pressure Cook, set to 4 minutes. When cooking is done, let stand for 10 minutes then carefully open vent. Stir in chicken; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Slow Cooker Method: Reduce Breeze and broth to 1 1/4 cups each. Place butter in a slow cooker and cook on HIGH until melted. Stir in all remaining ingredients except chicken. Cook on LOW for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Stir in chicken and cook for 5 minutes more.
Courtesy of: Almond Breeze
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates