Read our latest blog post on bees and sustainability. CLICK HERE
Delta Pear Upside Down Cake
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1/4 cup of the butter and spread it in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking pan. Cut each pear into 16 slices and arrange in a circular pattern in prepared dish. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top; press down lightly.
Heat Almond Breeze and the remaining 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted and Almond Breeze is hot. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in sugar and vanilla. Let cool slightly, then whisk in eggs. Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir into Breeze mixture, mixing until batter is smooth. Spread evenly over pears.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the cake. Place a plate on top and holding on 2 sides with a dish towel, carefully flip over. Remove pan. Makes 10 servings.
Recipe tip: Line the bottom of the baking pan with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit for easy release of the cake.
Breeze 2017 Homegrown Tour
Featured In: Food Festival
- 3/4 cup butter or buttery spread (divided)
- 2 medium firm but ripe California Bartlett pears (peeled and cored)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Blue Diamond Hint of Honey Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup Blue Diamond Almond or Fine Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Included in this recipe