Cowboy Chili Cheese Cornbread
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Preheat oven to 400°F and butter a 9-inch square baking pan or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk together Almond Breeze and lemon juice in a large bowl and letstand for 5 minutes. Stir in butter and egg. Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl, then stir into Breeze mixture. Lightly stir in cheese, corn and chiles.
Spread into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Breeze 2017 Home Grown Tour
Featured In: Food Festival
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups cornmeal
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend or pepper-Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen thawed corn
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles