Coconut Mango Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Combine the ground flaxseed and water and set aside to thicken. Stir the lime juice into the almond milk and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ½ cup of sugar. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flaxseed mixture, almond milk/lime juice mixture, coconut oil and vanilla.
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the diced mango.
Evenly divide the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Sprinkle with the coconut flakes and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
If desired, sprinkle lightly with the remaining sugar. Cool for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
1 egg can be substituted in place of the flax + water mixture.
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Love and Lemons
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk (at room temperature)
- 2 cups spelt flour (or white/wheat mix)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar for the topping
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely diced ripe mango
- ½ to ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Included in this recipe