Zucchini Ice Cream
|Total Fat||5.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.3 g|
Combine oats, Almond Breeze, zucchini, sugar, and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, until mixture thickens and oats are cooked.
Remove from heat and add in coconut milk.
Pour the mixture in a shallow dish and allow to cool completely in the fridge, at least 1 hour.
Spin the mixture in an ice cream machine, following manufacturer's directions -- OR freeze in shallow dish, stirring every 30-45 minutes, until firm (about 3 hours).
Serve immediately or transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe covered container and store in the freezer. Homemade ice cream is best served the same day; if keeping in the freezer, let the ice cream soften at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- This gluten and dairy free ice cream is the perfect frozen treat to use up that summer zucchini from your garden. It's creamy, cold, and refreshing - and tastes just like zucchini bread!
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Fannetastic Food
- 1/2 cup old fashioned or quick oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Vanilla)
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup coconut or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- Optional mix-ins: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips