Important Consumer Alert: Recall of a limited number of 64 oz Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk announced because the product may contain trace levels of milk, an allergen not listed on the label. READ MORE
Zucchini Bread Ice Cream
|Total Fat||5.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.3 g|
Combine oats, Almond Breeze, zucchini, sugar, and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, until mixture thickens and oats are cooked.
Remove from heat and add in coconut milk.
Pour the mixture in a shallow dish and allow to cool completely in the fridge, at least 1 hour.
Spin the mixture in an ice cream machine, following manufacturer's directions -- OR freeze in shallow dish, stirring every 30-45 minutes, until firm (about 3 hours).
Serve immediately or transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe covered container and store in the freezer. Homemade ice cream is best served the same day; if keeping in the freezer, let the ice cream soften at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- This gluten and dairy free ice cream is the perfect frozen treat to use up that summer zucchini from your garden. It's creamy, cold, and refreshing - and tastes just like zucchini bread!
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Fannetastic Food
- 1/2 cup old fashioned or quick oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Vanilla)
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup coconut or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- Optional mix-ins: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips