Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread
Serves Up To
|Total Fat||13.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||42.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5.4 g|
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup honey 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk mixed with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cup almond meal
- Pinch of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil or nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, honey, almond milk mixture and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, cornmeal, almond meal, and salt.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until smooth and fully combined.
Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 38-40 minutes, until golden brown and set.
Allow to cool slightly before serving, if you can wait that long!
Made with these products:
- Feel free to use any whole grain flour instead of the almond meal!
- Some vegans include honey in their diet, while others choose to skip it. If you prefer to nix the sugar, try maple syrup instead.
- This tastes even better the next day!
Courtesy of: The Fitnessista
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates