Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread
|Total Fat||13.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||42.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5.4 g|
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil or nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, honey, almond milk mixture and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, cornmeal, almond meal, and salt.
Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until smooth and fully combined.
Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 38-40 minutes, until golden brown and set.
Allow to cool slightly before serving, if you can wait that long!
- Feel free to use any whole grain flour instead of the almond meal!
- Some vegans include honey in their diet, while others choose to skip it. If you prefer to nix the sugar, try maple syrup instead.
- This tastes even better the next day!
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: The Fitnessista
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup honey 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original) mixed with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cup almond meal
- Pinch of sea salt