Important Consumer Alert: Recall of a limited number of 64 oz Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk announced because the product may contain trace levels of milk, an allergen not listed on the label. READ MORE
Vegan Carrot Cake and Macadamia Frosting
|Total Fat||18.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||46.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.4 g|
Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9x13 (or similar) baking pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, sugar and oil.
Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting: combine frosting ingredients into a high speed blender. Start the blender on low and gradually increase speed (the mixture will be very thick at first). You can add an extra tablespoon of almond milk if necessary to get your blade moving.
Blend until very smooth.
Chill for at least 30 minutes before spreading (it'll firm up a bit).
Store leftover frosted cake in the fridge.
- Feel free to sub whole wheat pastry flour for the spelt flour.
- Soak your cashew and macadamia nuts overnight. I recommend using a very high speed blender (vitamix, blendtec, or similar) for this frosting.
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Love and Lemons
- 2 1/4 cups flour (I used half spelt and half cake flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup (melted) coconut or canola oil
- 2 cups grated carrots (just shy of 1lb)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (soaked; drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked; drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Original
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt