Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook until soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic, tomato paste, and bay leaves. Stir until the tomato paste is mixed in.
Add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, vegetable broth, sugar, dried thyme, and crushed red pepper. Stir to combine. Reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the almond milk and basil. Remove the bay leaves. Turn off the heat and use a hand blender to purée the soup in the pot. If you don't have a hand blender, let the soup cool until warm and transfer to stand blender. Blend until smooth and return to the pot. Heat over medium heat until heated through.
Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh basil and croutons, if desired.
This soup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It also freezes well. To freeze, cool the soup completely and store in a freezer container for up to 2 months.
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Two Peas and Their Pod
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Original
- Freshly chopped basil and croutons for garnish optional
Included in this recipe