Red Eye Gravy
Serves Up To
- 1/3 cup butter or buttery spread
- 1 1/3 cups minced onion
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze
- 1 cup very strong black coffee*
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vegetable stock or broth concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke or to taste
- Snipped fresh chives
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 5 minutes more.
Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in Almond Breeze, then stir in remaining ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes more or until hot and bubbly
Serve over Southern Sweet Potato Biscuits and sprinkle with chives.
Made with these products:
*Add a bit of instant espresso powder to coffee to make regular coffee stronger.
Featured In: Food Festival
Courtesy of: Patty Mastracco
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates