Read our latest blog post on bees and sustainability. CLICK HERE
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||55 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg, Almond Breeze, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture, and whisk until just combined. (Be careful not to over-mix the batter)
Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat. When hot, lightly spray the pan with cooking spray. Scoop 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the pan for each pancake, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips on top. Cook until the pancakes start to bubble and the edges begin to set, 1 1/2 minutes. Flip the pancakes over and cook the second side until golden, 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer cooked pancakes to a separate plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve warm, drizzled with extra peanut butter and chocolate chips (and/or maple syrup) if desired.
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Gimme Some Oven
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cups Almond Breeze original almond milk (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Extra melted peanut butter
- extra chocolate chips and/or maple syrup (optional toppings)