Read our latest blog post on bees and sustainability. CLICK HERE
Light Broccoli Cheese Soup
|Total Fat||34.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.3 g|
First, preheat oven to 400ºF. Then, place cauliflower, broccoli, and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle on about 3 tablespoons of EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Toss so that everything is evenly coated.
Roast veggies at 400ºF for about 20 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to brown.
While the veggies are roasting, sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Once they are translucent, add in veggie broth and original almond milk and let simmer for a few minutes. Then, stir in cheese and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
Place everything in a high-power blender and whirl for about a minute, pureeing the vegetables and turning everything into a creamy soup. If you like your soup a little thinner, add more vegetable broth!
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Fit Foodie Finds
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 10 cloves of garlic; peeled
- 3 + 1 tablespoons EVOO; divided
- 4 shallots; finely diced
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese; shredded
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Almond Cashew Milk Blend Original)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- EVOO; cheese; bacon bits (optional toppings)