Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Serves Up To
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.3 g|
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original
- ½ cup regular or mini chocolate chips
Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel. This is important, so don’t forget!
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and egg whites; mix on medium-low until smooth and well combined. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and unsweetened original almond milk; mix again. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Evenly divide batter into prepared liners. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. After 5 minutes, remove muffins and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Made with these products:
- To keep muffins dairy free, use dairy free chocolate chips.
- I love adding a few extra chocolate chips (2-3) or cocoa dusted almonds on top of each muffin before baking to make them look pretty, but it's up to you!
Courtesy of: Ambitious Kitchen
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates