Creamy Tomato Soup
Serves Up To
- 2 tablespoons butter or buttery spread or olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 large ribs celery sliced
- 1 large carrot peeled and cubed
- 1 large russet potato peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 2 cups chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 3 (14.5-oz.) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Melt butter in a large stockpot. Add onion and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add celery, carrot and potato and cook for 5 minutes more.
Stir in Breeze, broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Let mixture cool slightly, then carefully transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. (Or use a stick blender to puree directly in pot.)
Return to pot and add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes more. Slowly stir in cheese and cook until melted. Soup may be stored frozen. To thaw, leave container in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Made with these products:
Browning the vegetables first adds extra flavor but you can skip this step if you’re in a hurry.
Instant Pot Method: Prepare as directed above reducing Almond Breeze to 1 3/4 cups. Place all ingredients except herbs and cheese in the pot. Lock lid and select Pressure Cook, set to 10 minutes. When cooking is done, let stand for 10 minutes then carefully open vent. Puree as directed above and season with herbs and cheese.
Slow Cooker Method: Prepare as directed above, reducing Breeze and broth to 1 3/4 cups each. Place in a large slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
Courtesy of: Almond Breeze
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates