Creamy Mexican Street Corn Salad
Serves Up To
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original (or Unsweetened) almondmilk
- 1½ Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- ½ tsp. sugar (omit if using Original almondmilk)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen; thawed corn
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped; seeded jalapeño
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Lime wedges; optional
- Crumbled feta or cojita cheese; optional
Combine the almond milk, flour and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring.
Cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Whisk in lime juice, oil, vinegar and sugar if using. Cool to room temperature.
Add corn, cilantro, onion, jalapeño and pepper; stir well to combine. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with fresh lime wedges and a sprinkle of cheese, if desired.
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates