Creamy Mexican Street Corn Salad
Creamy, tangy corn salad – classic recipe with a low-fat, non-dairy twist. Just add almondmilk, sweet corn, lime, cilantro, jalapeno, red onion. Optional topping of cojita or feta cheese. While fresh corn is best, frozen works well too!
Combine the almond milk, flour and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring.
Cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Whisk in lime juice, oil, vinegar and sugar if using. Cool to room temperature.
Add corn, cilantro, onion, jalapeño and pepper; stir well to combine. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with fresh lime wedges and a sprinkle of cheese, if desired.
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original (or Unsweetened) almondmilk
- 1½ Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- ½ tsp. sugar (omit if using Original almondmilk)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen; thawed corn
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped; seeded jalapeño
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Lime wedges; optional
- Crumbled feta or cojita cheese; optional