Read our latest blog post on bees and sustainability. CLICK HERE
Creamy Asparagus and Pea Soup
|Total Fat||65.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||75.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11.5 g|
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spread asparagus on a bare baking sheet. Drizzle with oil of choice and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Roast for 15 minutes, then set aside. If making croutons, reduce heat to 325 degrees F at this time.
Heat a large saucepan or pot medium heat. Once hot, add 2 Tbsp oil and shallot and garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Reduce heat if garlic begins browning.
Add peas, vegetable broth and almond milk and season with salt and pepper once more.
Transfer soup to blender along with asparagus (reserve some for garnish if desired). Blend soup until creamy and smooth. Transfer back to pot and bring to medium heat and simmer.
Add nutritional yeast and whisk. Continue cooking until warmed through and simmering, then reduce heat to low.
Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
If serving with croutons, prep while soup is simmering by lowering oven heat to 325 degrees F.
Add bread crumbs to a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and seasonings and pour over bread crumbs and toss to combine. Season once more with a bit more garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss once more.
Spread on a clean baking sheet (or the one you used earlier) and bake or 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip/stir at the 10-minute mark to ensure even baking.
Serve soup with croutons and a touch of black pepper and/or vegan parmesan cheese. Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days, though best when fresh.
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Minimalist Baker
- Olive or avocado oil
- 12 ounces (1 large bundle) asparagus, trimmed
- 10 ounces (~2 cups) fresh or frozen peas
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional | for a slightly cheesy flavor)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (optional, for brightness)
- 2 cups bread (any kind), cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1/4 tsp each garlic powder, salt + pepper, dried oregano, dried basil