Coconut Cupcakes or Sheet Cake with Chai Frosting
Serves Up To
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Blend almondmilk
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. coconut extract; optional
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ cup unsalted butter; softened
- 1 Tbsp. Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Blend almondmilk
- Toasted coconut; optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.
In a separate bowl combine the almondmilk, oil and extract, if using.
Add wet ingredients to dry; stir just until combined. Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups lined with muffin liners, lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake 22 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
To prepare frosting. combine powdered sugar and spices. Add butter; beat until combined. Beat in almondmilk until smooth. Frost tops of cupcakes. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates