Chocolate-Almond Stuffed French Toast
Serves Up To
- ¼ cup almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup plus 4 tsp. Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Blend almondmilk
- 4 tsp. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (½” thick)
- 4 large eggs; lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter or vegetable oil
- Toasted coconut; optional
- Syrup; optional
Combine almond butter, 4 teaspoons almondmilk, and 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
Spread 4 slices of bread with almond mixture. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
Whisk together remaining almondmilk and eggs in 13”x9” baking dish. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes per side.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 of the sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and butter or oil. Top with coconut and syrup, if desired.
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates