Chocolate-Almond Stuffed French Toast
Almond butter and mini dark chocolate chips sandwiched between golden slices of egg-battered bread – it's a reason to roll out of bed! Be sure to use bread that is at least a day old – stale bread soaks up the tasty almondmilk-egg batter better than fresh. Almond Coconut almondmilk is delicious in this recipe – vanilla, banana and even chocolate varieties are also super tasty. For a decadent take, double the filling.
Combine almond butter, 4 teaspoons almondmilk, and 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
Spread 4 slices of bread with almond mixture. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
Whisk together remaining almondmilk and eggs in 13”x9” baking dish. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes per side.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 of the sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and butter or oil. Top with coconut and syrup, if desired.
- ¼ cup almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup plus 4 tsp. Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Blend almondmilk
- 4 tsp. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (½” thick)
- 4 large eggs; lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter or vegetable oil
- Toasted coconut; optional
- Syrup; optional