Chocolate-Almond Stuffed French Toast
Serves Up To:
- ¼ cup almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup plus 4 tsp. Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk Coconutmilk
- 4 tsp. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (½” thick)
- 4 large eggs; lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter or vegetable oil
- Toasted coconut; optional
- Syrup; optional
Combine almond butter, 4 teaspoons almondmilk, and 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
Spread 4 slices of bread with almond mixture. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
Whisk together remaining almondmilk and eggs in 13”x9” baking dish. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes per side.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 of the sandwiches in skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches and butter or oil. Top with coconut and syrup, if desired.
Made with these products:
Shelf Stable Coconut Unsweetened Original AlmondmilkView Product
Unsweetened Original Almondmilk CoconutmilkView Product
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates