Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Serves Up To
- 2 tablespoons butter or buttery spread
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk divided
- 1 cup chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 1 teaspoon each: dried thyme and garlic salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli*
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (dairy or non-dairy)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring butter, 3/4 cup Almond Breeze almondmilk, broth, rice and seasonings to a simmer in a large saucepan. Top with chicken and onion. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and quickly add broccoli to pot. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining Almond Breeze almondmilk, then lightly stir in cheese. Cook over low heat just until cheese is melted, being careful to not overcook. Season with pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Made with these products:
*Save time by using thawed, frozen chopped broccoli.
Instant Pot Method: Coat the bottom of the pot with the butter. Place Almond Breeze almondmilk, stock or broth, seasonings and rice in the pot, making sure the rice is completely covered with liquid. Top with chicken and onion. Lock lid and select Pressure Cook, set to 5 minutes. When cooking is done, let stand for 5 minutes then carefully open vent. Stir in broccoli; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cheese, stirring just until melted.
Slow Cooker Method: Coat the bottom of the slow cooker with the butter. Place 3/4 cup Almond Breeze almondmilk, 3/4 cup stock or broth, seasonings and rice in the pot, making sure the rice is completely covered with liquid. Top with chicken and onion. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours When cooking is done, stir in broccoli; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add cheese, stirring just until melted.
Courtesy of: Almond Breeze
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates