Banana Almond Teff Porridge
Bring a heavy saucepan to medium heat. Add teff, water, almond milk, coconut oil, cinnamon, banana slices and sea salt to the pan. Stir well to combine.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to medium-low, cover and cook at a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Make sure you give the mixture a stir from time to time to prevent the teff from sticking. If the mixture gets too thick, you can add more water or almond milk but I didn’t need any extra.
Once the teff has cooked and the texture is to your liking, portion into bowls. Top each bowl with a sprinkle of almonds, extra banana slices and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
Courtesy of: Eating Bird Food
- 1 cup whole grain teff
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin unrefined coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana; sliced (save a few slices for topping)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup crushed or sliced almonds
- Maple syrup for drizzling on top (optional)
Included in this recipe