Banana Almond Pudding
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||64 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Whisk together sugar and egg yolks in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour, then slowly whisk in Almond Breeze. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture has thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in butter and extracts and cook for 1 minute more.
Let cool slightly, then transfer to a medium bowl. Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface and refrigerate until well chilled.
Place a layer of vanilla wafers in a 2-quart bowl and top with a layer of banana slices. Spread 1/3 of the pudding over the top and repeat layers 2 more times. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Top each serving with whipped cream and almonds, if desired. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Featured In: Food Festival, Magazine & Online
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 3/4 cups Blue Diamond Vanilla or Hint of Honey Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 3 tablespoons butter or buttery spread
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 1/2 box vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 large sliced bananas
- 1/8-inch thick whipped cream
- toasted Blue Diamond Sliced Almonds (optional topping)