Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Serves Up To
|Total Fat||6.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||14.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.3 g|
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil; melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/3 cup Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Original
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened flake coconut; divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine beat sugars together until combined. With the mixer running, pour in the coconut oil. Beat on medium-high until well combined. Add the vanilla and coconut extract and beat until smooth.
Add the flour mixture in two batches, alternately with the coconut milk, with the mixer on low. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut.
Form dough into balls, using a cookie scoop or spoon. Roll dough balls in the remaining coconut. Slightly press the coconut into the balls if it isn't sticking. Place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until the cookies are set around the edges, but soft in the center. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- You can make this dough in advance. It will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Courtesy of: Two Peas & Their Pod
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates