Vegetarian Bean Chili
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||64 g|
|Dietary Fiber||14 g|
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except masa, salt and toppings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Stir in masa and cook for 10 minutes more; season with salt.
Ladle into bowls and top with desired toppings.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups of mild green chile salsa
- 1 cup of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 1 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons each: ground cumin + Mexican oregano + chili powder and smoked paprika
- 2 (15oz) cans small white beans; rinsed and drained*
- 1 (15oz) can white kidney beans; rinsed and drained
- 1 (14oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup of masa (corn flour)
- Salt to taste