Important Consumer Alert: Recall of a limited number of 64 oz Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk announced because the product may contain trace levels of milk, an allergen not listed on the label. READ MORE
Tex Mex Veggie Chili with Beans
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||64 g|
|Dietary Fiber||14 g|
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except masa, salt and toppings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Stir in masa and cook for 10 minutes more; season with salt.
Ladle into bowls and top with desired toppings.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups of mild green chile salsa
- 1 cup of Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 1 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons each: ground cumin + Mexican oregano + chili powder and smoked paprika
- 2 (15oz) cans small white beans; rinsed and drained*
- 1 (15oz) can white kidney beans; rinsed and drained
- 1 (14oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup of masa (corn flour)
- Salt to taste