Smoky Polenta with Heirloom Balsamic Tomatoes
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Lightly grease a foil-lined baking sheet.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, then add Breeze and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add polenta and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickening and bubbly. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes more or until mixture is very thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses; season with salt and pepper.
Spread about 3/4-inch thick on prepared baking sheet. Let cool slightly, then cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
Stir together tomatoes, oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste and let stand for 5 minutes.
Cut polenta into 1-inch squares and top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced heirloom tomatoes (or quartered grape heirloom tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Snipped fresh basil
Included in this recipe