Peppermint Topped Cupcakes with Chocolate Hearts
Serves Up To
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk; divided
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can (16 oz.) regular or dairy-free vanilla frosting
- ½ – ¾ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Small heart shaped cookie cutter
- 6 tsp. mini chocolate chips; divided *amount may differ depending on the size cutter you use
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.
In a separate bowl combine 1 cup almondmilk, oil and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry; stir just until combined.
Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups lined with muffin liners, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes at 350°F or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
To prepare frosting. Combine frosting, remaining tablespoon of almondmilk, peppermint extract and food coloring; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Frost cupcakes. Lightly place heart shaped cutter in center of a cupcake; carefully drop or spoon in mini chocolate chips. Press chips lightly. Remove cutter. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and chocolate chips.
Made with these products:
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates