Cuban Plantain Nachos
Serves Up To:
- 1.2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 tbs finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers plus 1 tbs from jar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Tajin Clasico Seasoning divided
- 1/2 cup refried black beans
- 1 (6-oz.) bag roasted plantain chips
- fresh pico de gallo
Toss cheeses with cornstarch in a medium bowl.
Bring Almond Breeze, pickled jalapeno peppers and juice, onion powder and 1 teaspoon Tajin seasoning to a simmer in a medium saucepan
Reduce heat to low and add cheese a small handful at a time whisking constantly. Cook over low heat for 1 minute more, whisking until smooth.
Microwave black beans and remaining 1/4 teaspoon Tajin Seasoning in a small bowl for 30 seconds or until hot, adding a little Breeze to thin if necessary
Place half the plantain chips into four 1 1/2 cup bowls or plates.
Spoon half the beans over the chips, then top with half the cheese sauce. Repeat layers and top with pico de gallo.
Made with these products:
Unsweetened Original AlmondmilkView Product
Shelf Stable Unsweetened Original AlmondmilkView Product
Featured In: Food Festival
Courtesy of: Patty Mastracco
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates