Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Trim about 2-inches of the bottom tough ends from asparagus spears and set aside. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces and place on lined baking sheet with garbanzo beans. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and garlic powder; toss well to coat. Roast for 20 minutes or until asparagus is tender and beans are slightly toasted.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add reserved asparagus bottoms and cook until very tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and place into a food processor or blender.
Add pasta to boiling water and cook to al dente. Drain well and return to pot.
While pasta is cooking, add Almond Breeze, remaining olive oil, remaining seasonings, lemon zest and juice to blender or food processor with boiled asparagus. Blend until smooth.
Toss sauce with hot cooked pasta and stir in roasted asparagus and garbanzo beans.
Featured In: Food Festival
- 1 large bunch medium size asparagus
- 1 (15-oz.) can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each: salt pepper and garlic powder divided
- 1 pound dry pasta and shape (or gluten free pasta)
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Unsweetened Original
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- Shaved parmesan cheese or 2 to 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
Included in this recipe
Recipes Straight to your Inbox
Enjoy tasty recipes and other great extras.