Butternut Squash Soup
Serves Up To
- 2 packages (12 oz. each) frozen peeled; diced butternut squash (5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original (or Unsweetened) almondmilk
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 4 tsp. toasted pumpkin seeds; divided
- 4 tsp. sliced green onion; divided
- Coarsely ground black pepper
Cook squash according to package instructions; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until softened.
Stir in the cooked squash and vegetable broth. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender and process 1 minute or until smooth. Return mixture to pan. Return pan to heat. Stir in almondmilk, lemon juice, salt, ginger, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until soup is heated through.
Divide among 4 bowls and top each with 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon green onions, and pepper.
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates