Important Consumer Alert: Recall of a limited number of 64 oz Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk announced because the product may contain trace levels of milk, an allergen not listed on the label. READ MORE
Toasted Almond Cherry Custard Pie
|Total Fat||10.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16.0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.4 g|
Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. In another small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla, and almond extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix gently with a fork, just until fully combined.
Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie pan, and use your palms to pat out the dough so it covers the bottom of the pan, pushing it up the sides to meet the edge, then even out the dough around the edges, trimming any excess overhang as needed. Try not to use your fingertips, which can break the dough, and just push slowly and steadily: there is enough dough to cover. The crust should be about 1/8-inch thick all around.
Place the crust in the oven and bake if for 10 minutes, until slightly firm. Let cool for 5 minutes. You can prepare the crust up to 1 day ahead, let cool completely, and let it stand at room temperature until you’re ready to make the filling. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
Make the filling and finish the pie: In a blender, combine the eggs, Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla, oil, flour, sugar, honey, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Let the batter rest as the tart crust finishes baking and/or cools. (If you made the crust ahead, let the batter rest for about 20 minutes) Pit the cherries.
Place the cherries into the crust. Pour in the filling. Lightly scatter the sliced almonds on top. Bake the pie for 40 minutes, until the filling jiggles only slightly in the center when gently tapped. Let cool on a rack to room temperature before slicing. (I also love this pie chilled, so feel free to place in the fridge after it has cooled).
- After you measure the oil for the crust, keep the oil-coated measuring cup around to dole out the honey–the oil will prevent the honey from sticking to the sides!
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Big Girls Small Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mild olive oil or ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil and ¼ cup neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces fresh cherries; pitted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds