Best Creamy Black Bean Soup with Almond Milk
|Total Fat||1.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||38.0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13.0 g|
Heat a large saucepan to medium, and add a splash of olive oil.
Add your bell peppers, onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently until aromatic and slightly softened.
Add the seasonings, and stir to fully coat the veggies. Reduce the heat to low and add the black beans.
Next, add your marinara sauce and stir well.
Gently pour in the Original Almond Breeze and broth, stir to heat through (but do not boil) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve into bowls and top with crumbled goat cheese, cilantro and lime wedges.
Courtesy of: The Fitnessista
- 1/2 sweet onion; chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bell peppers; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 cans black beans; drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Unsweetened Original)
- 1/2 cup broth
- Crumbled goat cheese; cilantro; sliced avocado and lime juice for serving
Included in this recipe