Serves Up To
|Total Fat||30.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||14.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cilantro from 1 large bunch
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk or Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Heat the oil in a medium Dutch oven or oven-proof skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper generously over all the chicken, then place the pieces, skin side down, in the pot. Don’t crowd the pot, so if you need to cook in two batches, do that instead. Be patient, and cook until skin is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip each piece of chicken and cook for another 2 to 3. Transfer all the chicken to a plate (or the first batch, in which case now cook the second). Set the chicken aside when you’re done browning all of it.
Lower the heat to medium-low and add the onions to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they’re soft and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Stir in most of the cilantro, the ground coriander, the cinnamon stick, the raisins, and the Almond Breeze almond milk. Season with a little more salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Arrange the chicken neatly back in the pot, keeping the skin side up. Transfer to the oven (you don’t need to cover the pot). Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Remove the cinnamon stick as you serve. Garnish each portion with the rest of the cilantro.
- You can totally make this in advance. Let the whole stew cool, then store in the fridge. Reheat on the stove or in the oven until hot. If you prefer white meat, bone-in skin-on chicken breasts, halved, work great. Or, do a mix and please everyone!
Courtesy of: Big Girls Small Kitchen
Recipes Straight to Your Inbox
Sign up for the latest recipes and product updates