Community Giving Program
Blue Diamond’s Community Giving Program and Good Neighbor Policy reflects our five core values: Act with Integrity; Work as Partners; Deliver Quality Everyday; Innovate; and Play to Win.
It is our policy to build meaningful relationships with organizations in the communities in which we do business – Sacramento, Salida and Turlock. Of importance to Blue Diamond is the development and investment in these regions by supporting those community organizations that help advance agricultural education and improve the health and wellness of children and families.
- Agricultural Education – Blue Diamond supports programs and projects that provide youth education in the areas of agriculture, including how food is grown, processed, packaged and distributed.
- Health & Wellness – Blue Diamond supports programs and projects that address hunger, improve nutrition, and increase the overall well-being of youth and families in the community.
Product Donation Requests
To maximize our impact on our target audience, Blue Diamond cannot accommodate product donation requests for any purpose.
Small Grant Requests
Blue Diamond provides funding for small grant requests, typically between $500 - $15,000, for nonprofit organizations that meet the two pillars of our Community Giving Program: Agricultural Education and Health & Wellness.
To request a small grant, please complete the Funding Application form online any time between May 1st and June 30th. All requests are reviewed in July, and notifications are emailed out in late August. Please note that funding is distributed during the following fiscal year (fiscal year runs from September 1 through August 31). We fully allocate all funds, so mid-year requests are considered the following fiscal year.
We accept requests for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
Requests that are not eligible:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Organizations conducting fundraising (third-party giving) on behalf of other organizations.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes will not be considered; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered (e.g., Salvation Army).
- Colleges and/or universities (e.g., foundations); with the exception of those colleges and/or universities specifically dedicated to one or more of the funding priorities.
- Financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not nonprofit organizations.
- Financial requests for capital campaigns.
Our application period is now closed. The next cycle will begin May 1, 2021.
For questions regarding Blue Diamond’s Community Giving Program, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.