Charitable Contributions Program
Blue Diamond’s Charitable Contributions Program and Good Neighbor Policy reflects our five core values: Act with Integrity; Work as Partners; Delivery Quality Everyday; Innovate; and Play to Win. It is our policy to build meaningful relationships with organizations in the communities in which we do business – Sacramento, Salida and Turlock. Of importance to Blue Diamond is the development and investment in these regions by supporting those community organizations that help advance agricultural education, improve the health and wellness of children and families, and develop communities.
- Agricultural Education – Blue Diamond supports programs and projects that provide youth education in the areas of agriculture, including how food is grown, processed, packaged and distributed.
- Health & Wellness – Blue Diamond supports programs and projects that address hunger, improve nutrition, and increase the overall well-being of youth and families in the community.
- Community Development – Blue Diamond supports programs and projects that strengthen the social and economic health of the communities.
How to Apply for Funding
To request funding, please complete the Funding Application form and return it to Blue Diamond any time between April and June. All requests are reviewed in July, and notifications are emailed out in late August. Please note that funding is distributed during the following fiscal year (fiscal year runs from September 1 through August 31). We fully allocate all funds, so mid-year requests are considered the following fiscal year.
To maximize our impact on our target audience, Blue Diamond no longer provides free product or gift baskets to organizations for raffles, door prizes or other purposes.
We accept requests for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Requests that are not eligible:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Organizations conducting fundraising (third-party giving) on behalf of other organizations.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes will not be considered; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered (e.g., Salvation Army).
- Colleges and/or universities (e.g., foundations); with the exception of those colleges and/or universities specifically dedicated to one or more of the funding priorities.
- Financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not nonprofit organizations.
- Financial requests for capital campaigns.
The 2018–19 application period is now closed.
For questions regarding Blue Diamond’s Charitable Giving program, please email Samantha DeMelo, Communications Manager, at email@example.com.