Community Giving Program
Blue Diamond’s Community Giving Program and Good Neighbor Policy reflects our five core values: Act with Integrity; Work as Partners; Deliver Quality Everyday; Innovate; and Play to Win.
It is our policy to build meaningful relationships with organizations in the communities in which we do business – Sacramento, Salida and Turlock. Of importance to Blue Diamond is the development and investment in these regions by supporting those community organizations that help advance agricultural education and improve the health and wellness of children and families.
Small Grant Request
Blue Diamond provides funding for small grant requests, typically between $500 - $15,000, for nonprofit organizations that meet the two pillars of our Community Giving Program: Agricultural Education and Health & Wellness.
Funding requests must focus on at least one (preferably both) of the following areas:
- Agricultural Education – Blue Diamond supports programs and projects that provide youth education in the areas of agriculture, including how food is grown, processed, packaged and distributed.
- Health & Wellness – Blue Diamond supports programs and projects that
address hunger, improve nutrition, and increase the overall well-being of
youth and families in the community.
Requests that are not eligible:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Organizations conducting fundraising (third-party giving) on behalf of other organizations.
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes will not be considered; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered (e.g., Salvation Army).
- Colleges and/or universities (e.g., foundations); with the exception of those colleges and/or universities specifically dedicated to one or more of the funding priorities.
- Professional or recreation sports teams
- Financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not nonprofit organizations.
- Financial requests for capital campaigns.
Request a Small Grant
The 2021-2022 grant cycle is open June 1 through July 15, 2021.
If you believe your organization meets the eligibility requirements, please complete the online Funding Application Form (available beginning June 1).