Creamy Crunchy Mashed Potatoes
Courtesy of Blue Diamond Almonds
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Original Almond Breeze
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable based buttery spread (such as Smart Balance or Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese (or Tofu cream cheese)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed Blue Diamond Nut Thins Crackers, original or Cheddar flavor
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add potatoes and bring to a boil again. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft when pierced with a knife; drain well then mash until smooth. Add Almond Breeze, butter, herbs, garlic salt, cream cheese and pepper and mix well. Cook until very hot then transfer to a serving dish. (Or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. May be prepared 2 days ahead. Reheat in the microwave for 5 to 7 minutes, adding a little more Almond Breeze if necessary.) Sprinkle with crushed Nut Thins just before serving. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Variation - Veggie Mashed Potatoes:
Cook 1/4 cup shredded carrot and 1/4 cup shredded zucchini in butter for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add to mashed potatoes with 1 cup chopped fresh spinach, cream cheese, rosemary, garlic salt and pepper.