The Information We Collect
The personal data that Blue Diamond Growers knowingly collects from persons in the EU is described at our EU website (www.bluediamondalmonds.co.uk). The Sites are intended for a general audience, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not and may not provide any personal information to us through or on the Sites.
We collect different types of information from and about Users of our Sites when you provide it and automatically as you navigate through the Sites.
- Information from which you may be personally identified may be collected from you when you register for the Sites (your email address) and when you order online (your name, shipping and billing addresses, payment information, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card information, and preferred shipping methods). We may also ask you for such information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Sites or when you contact us for customer service. When you request a shipment be made to someone else, for example as a gift, we also collect the recipient's name and address.
- Information collected automatically as you access or navigate through the Sites may include IP address, geolocation, time spent on the site and on individual pages, browser and device information, user flow information (i.e., navigation from page-to-page) and the referring URLs, if they are available. This information may be used by Google Analytics and for purposes of server logging.
- You may also provide information to be published or posted on public areas of the Sites, or transmitted to other users of the Sites or to third parties (e.g., product reviews) (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on the Sites and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- The Sites may allow you to otherwise contact us and submit a message, request, or other comments or content (individually and collectively, “User Message”). During those submissions, we may collect your name, the name of your company or organization (if applicable), the nature of that company or organization (if applicable), address, city, state, e-mail address, and other contact or similar information. We may use that information to contact you in relation to the subject of your User Message. If you have indicated that you would like to receive e-mails or mailings from us apart from the subject of your User Message, we will use your contact information to send you e-mails or mailings that, for example, introduce new products, notify you of special offers, and announce upcoming promotions. If you would prefer not to receive such information in the future, please see the Removal from Mailings section, below.
How We Use And Disclose Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information:
- To present our Sites and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including customer service;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account, orders, deliveries or payments;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites or to participate in polls, contests or sweepstakes offered through the Sites and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so it is important that you read the additional rules carefully.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information may be important to your use of the Sites, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- To process rewards and prizes, as applicable;
- To provide you with updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs;
- To re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while;
- To permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds;
- For our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses, market research, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Sites, improving our services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Sites experience and content based on your past activities on the Sites, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues);
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your personally-identifiable information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please refer to the Removal from Mailings section, below.
We may also disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliates and may use it to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for example, to fulfill an order or to provide you with a requested communication.
We may use third party organizations that assist us in delivering electronic mail or coupons, providing customer service, administering promotions, or shipping products to you. They may use personal information to perform their functions.
If we acquire or merge with other companies, or were to be acquired, customer information is generally one of the transferred business assets.
How We Use Automatically Collected Information
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We will use this automatically-collected information to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns; Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
We track IP addresses (the Internet address of your computer) for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged per the user's session and help us determine how often areas on our site are visited. In most cases, we view and delete the information immediately. We never link an IP address to a specific customer.
The Sites has security measures in place intended to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We are committed to the protection of your personal and order information. We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to ensure that all the information you provide is encrypted and cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. SSL is a worldwide industry standard for such sensitive transactions.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Removal from Mailings
Throughout the Sites, we provide our customers with the opportunity to receive e-mails or mailings that, for example, introduce new products, notify you of special offers, and announce upcoming promotions. To be removed from our e-mail or mailing lists, you may respond to the e-mails that we send out with your request for removal, click the “unsubscribe” link (where available), or you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be some lag time between our receipt of your request and our being able to update our lists. Thank you for your patience in this regard.
The Sites may include links to other websites owned or operated by third parties. We may do this for the convenience of you and other users of the Sites, but we do not have control over the operation of these third-party websites. Please consult those websites’ privacy policies or otherwise with the owners or operators of those websites to learn about any information collection or usage at or by those websites.
California Do Not Track Notice
We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Effective Date: January 22, 2018