Important Consumer Alert: Recall of a limited number of 64 oz Refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almondmilk announced because the product may contain trace levels of milk, an allergen not listed on the label. READ MORE
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
|Total Fat||20.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.9 g|
Add all ingredients except almond milk to the blender. Add in almond milk 1/2 cup at a time, adding only enough to allow the ingredients to blend together. Add more for a thinner shake and less for a thicker shake.
Taste and adjust flavors, adding more banana or dates for sweetness, cacao for chocolate flavor, and peanut butter for saltiness. Optional: Add a handful of ice for extra thickness.
Serves 1 generously. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You could even freeze this into popsicles!
Featured In: Food Blogger
Courtesy of: Minimalist Baker
- 1 large ripe banana (~200 g); previously peeled; sliced and frozen
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) salted natural peanut butter (if unsalted add a pinch of salt)
- 1-2 dates; pitted (if not sticky and moist; soak in hot water for 10 minutes; then drain)
- 1 Tbsp (5 g) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups (240 - 360 ml) Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original (or for extra creaminess use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend Original)
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs for “chocolate chip” effect (blend in or use as topping)
- 1 Tbsp flax or hemp seeds for added nutrition
- Dairy free chocolate sauce (for drizzling inside glass)
- Coconut whipped cream for topping
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)