Trout With Almond And Mustard Sauce
- 4 trout, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Blue Diamond® Sliced Natural Almonds, toasted
Lightly dredge trout in flour and pat off excess. Brown trout over high heat in 2 tablespoons oil. Reduce heat to medium and cook trout 2 to 3 minutes on each side until just tender; remove trout and keep warm. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan and sauté shallots until translucent. Add wine and reduce liquid by half. Stir in mustard, butter, dill, honey, pepper, salt, and almonds. Drizzle sauce over trout.
Makes 4 servings.