Board of Directors
Elected by the membership to three-year terms from each of the nine districts in the almond growing regions of California. The Board sets the strategic direction for the cooperative.
Liaison Committees serve as a communication link between the membership in each grower district and the cooperative's management and board of directors. Committee members are elected to three-year terms and meet at least twice each year to discuss issues of concern to Blue Diamond's® membership.
The Advisory Committee is comprised of two members from each of the nine liaison committees. Advisory Committee members serve three terms. The Advisory Committee meets quarterly with the cooperative's management and board of directors to discuss and provide advise on issues that impact the membership.
The Blue Diamond® Leadership Program is design for potential young growers between the ages of 21 and 40 years of age. This program is designed to prepare the participants for a leadership role in the almond industry by:
- Developing communication and leadership skills
- Familiarizing the participants with the structure and operations of Blue Diamond® Growers.
- Developing an awareness of the advantages of Blue Diamond® membership
- Meeting and becoming acquainted with other almond growers.
- Encouraging participation in Blue Diamond® activities.
- Assisting participants in the development and operation of a successful farming business.
- Familiarizing participants with the external factors that effect their business.
Program Provides participating members with background and training on issues affecting the almond industry. These growers are then able to act as spokesmen for the industry, communicating with the press, elected officials and regulatory personnel.