Lime n’ Chile Almond Nut-chos
Courtesy of Blue Diamond Almonds
Omit chicken for a vegetarian option, increasing nuts and pico de gallo to taste.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes
- 1 (4.25-oz.) bag Blue Diamond Almond Baked Nut Chips, Sea Salt or Nacho flavor
- 1 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup bite-size pieces rotisserie or other cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded 4 Cheese Mexican-style blend
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Blue Diamond Bold Lime ‘n Chili Almonds
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo
- Salsa, sour cream and guacamole (optional toppings)
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place half the nut chips in a single layer in an 11 X 7 or 9-inch baking dish. Top with half the beans, chicken, pico de gallo, cheese and almonds, in that order. Repeat layers. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Variation - Nutty Egg Nachos:
Omit chicken and instead layer ingredients with 4 lightly scrambled eggs (eggs will cook in the oven so cooking halfway while scrambling is best.)